Sovereign Laboratories Guarantees Highest Quality Colostrum
Sovereign Laboratories Colostrum Quality Assurance
The quality and effectiveness of colostrum depends on three factors – the colostrum source, the testing and verification of active components, and the Liposomal Enhanced Delivery (LD).
Colostrum Sourcing & Processing
- Sovereign Laboratories obtains its colostrum from pasture-fed Grade A dairy cows that are certified to be healthy, BST*, BSE** and antibiotic-free.
- All raw colostrum supplied to Sovereign Laboratories is tested to confirm that it is from the first milking (after the calf obtains its needs) and free of antibiotics, hormones and pesticides.
- Sovereign Laboratories accepts colostrum from the first milking; after the calf obtains its needs. This first-milking colostrum contains peak quantities of Proline-rich Polypeptides (PRPs), Lactoferrin, Growth Factors, Immunoglobulins and other active immune components. Approximately 18 liters of first-milking colostrum is collected and the calf gets about 4 liters. Sovereign Laboratories harvests the remaining 14 liters.
- The dairies supplying colostrum to Sovereign Laboratories are located in the Southwestern United States (CA, AZ, NM) and the temperate climate allows for year-round calving. This is important not only because we can collect fresh colostrum year-round, but more significantly, because circulating pathogens vary throughout the year, and maintaining current and relevant colostral antibodies helps protect humans from current viral and bacterial strains.
- Unlike many other manufacturers, we process colostrum on a weekly basis. Sovereign Laboratories’ entire line of colostrum products are manufactured in the most technologically-advanced facility in the world, which is the only plant entirely dedicated to the manufacture of colostrum for human consumption.
- Our colostrum is flash pasteurized according to the to the most demanding of International Standards - 161°F for 15 seconds - to ensure the highest microbiological quality. This is important because most colostrum currently being sold to the public has either (1) been prepared for the animal feed market and has not been pasteurized or (2) has been vat pasteurized which destroys the majority of active components.
Testing & Verification of Active Components
- Sovereign Laboratories' colostrum undergoes rigorous testing in our FDA licensed facility to ensure that every batch contains the specified quantity of twenty active components necessary to induce the desired health benefits. Any product that does not achieve the quantity and quality of components is rejected and returned for animal consumption. The components for which we consistently monitor include PRPs, Lactoferrin, TGF (Transforming Growth Factor), IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor), IgA, IgG, and other immune and growth factors.
- We utilize in-house High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to analyze our colostrum after collection and after processing to ensure that all components are intact (in specific percentages) and bioactive.
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) is employed in quality control, and manufacturing is performed under cGMP (certified Good Manufacturing Practices) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Procedures).
- Before shipping, every product batch is analyzed to assure its quality, efficacy and safety.
- Product is tested and certified not to contain Coliform bacteria, E. coli, Salmonella spp., Listeria spp., Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella spp., Bacillus cereus, Enterobacteriaceae spp., as well as yeast and mold.
- No other manufacturer takes these extraordinary and costly steps to ensure that every colostrum product from Sovereign Laboratories meets the exacting pharmaceutical grade standard.
- Additionally, our entire line of colostrum products (Viralox®, IRM®, Colostrum-IC®, and Colostrum-LD®) are USDA licensed and Halal and Kosher certified.
Liposomal Enhanced Delivery (LD)
Sovereign Laboratories takes a great product and makes it a superior product. Our proprietary in-house Liposomal Enhanced Delivery system is an applied coating which allows colostrum to readily dissolve in liquids and ensures the colostrum will bypass digestion; will be transported through the bowel wall; will circulate throughout the body; will reach the organs and cells; and remain bioavailable at the cellular level. “Liposomal Delivery makes colostrum (and other nutrients) up to 1,500 % more bioavailable” (Robert R. Milne, MD); this makes Colostrum-LD® the most effective colostrum available. Without LD, colostrum loses most of its effectiveness. The LD Difference means that colostrum products from Sovereign Laboratories do what they say. Sovereign Laboratories stands behind its money back guarantee.
- Colostrum does not oxidize in storage.
- Colostrum is not digested (digestion destroys colostrum’s bioactivity).
- Colostrum components are delivered through the bowel wall into the blood stream to reach all organs and cells wherever needed.
- Colostrum components transport through the cell wall to assist in RNA and DNA repair; stem cell initiation and differentiation; facilitation of cellular growth and repair; infection prevention; and identification of damaged and diseased cells.
Colostrum-LD® is the only colostrum proven in clinical trials for GI, immune, and athletic performance. It was developed by Doug and Kaye Wyatt with the Center for Nutritional Research (www.centerfornutritionalresearch.org) and has more than twenty years of research and study behind it.
* BST (bovine somatotrophin) - a growth hormone used to increase milk production in dairy cattle.
** BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy) - a fatal neurodegenerative disease in cattle that can be transmitted to humans; known as “mad cow disease”.