Glutathione supplements are available that are designed to help people increase their glutathione levels. However, not all glutathione dietary supplements are created equal, and it is important to find a supplement that helps promote consistent glutathione production in the body.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Glutathione Supplements?
Glutathione supplements help reduce the risk of various health conditions, such as:
- Oxidative Stress: Glutathione deficiency sometimes results in oxidative stress, a condition that occurs when free radicals exceed antioxidants in the body. Oxidative stress is a precursor to cancer, diabetes, and other diseases. Glutathione supplementation helps increase a person's antioxidant levels, thereby reducing the risk of oxidative stress.
- Fatty Liver Disease: Glutathione supplementation has been shown to help boost the protein, enzyme, and bilirubin levels in individuals dealing with fatty liver disease, a condition that occurs due to the formation of excess fat in the liver.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD): PAD is a circulatory condition that interrupts blood flow to the legs; as a result, individuals dealing with PAD often experience pain when they walk. In one study, researchers found that PAD patients who received glutathione improved their circulation and were able to walk pain-free for longer periods of time.
- Parkinson's Disease: Parkinson's disease affects movement and may cause tremors, rigid muscles, and speech changes. Although there is no known cure for Parkinson's disease, one study showed that glutathione supplementation helps reduce tremors and muscle rigidity.
- Autoimmune Disease: Chronic inflammation is a common side effect associated with autoimmune diseases; these diseases increase oxidative stress and attack mitochondria in specific cells in the body. Glutathione helps eliminate free radicals to protect cell mitochondria against autoimmune diseases, as well as helps stimulate or lower the body's immune response as needed.
- Diabetes: Individuals dealing with high blood sugar levels for an extended period of time may experience glutathione deficiency. Glutathione supplements often contain cysteine and glycine, both of which may help boost glutathione levels in diabetes patients.
- Respiratory Disease: N-acetylcysteine, a glutathione byproduct, is sometimes used to treat asthma and cystic fibrosis. It also has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body.
Glutathione supplement benefits can be significant. By choosing a safe, effective glutathione dietary supplement, an individual could optimize his or her body's glutathione levels.
What to Look for in Glutathione Supplements
Research indicates that taking glutathione by mouth is sometimes ineffective. In one study, researchers found that participants who took glutathione twice a day by mouth were unable to raise their glutathione levels.
As the aforementioned study indicates, merely taking a glutathione dietary supplement offers no guarantees. At the same time, there is no shortage of glutathione supplements available, and evaluating the efficacy of these products is rarely simple.
Colostrum-LD® from Sovereign Laboratories is a bovine colostrum product that delivers proven glutathione supplement benefits. Unlike other bovine colostrum products, Colostrum-LD® utilizes a liposomal delivery (LD) system that allows glutathione and other health-enhancing components to be absorbed into the bloodstream and delivered to cells and organs throughout the body. It also contains glutathione precursors cystine, glycine, and glutamic acid that help foster glutathione production in the body. Colostrum-LD® helps reduce white blood cells' respiratory burst output to deliver both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and inhibit glutathione depletion. To find out more about Colostrum-LD® and its benefits, please visit our website.