Behind every CEO you'll find an organized, efficient personal assistant. Discover what this varied and dynamic career has to offer with a fast-growing nutraceutical company serving healthcare professionals in the fields of medical aesthetics, physical fitness coaching, internal medicine, chiropractic, naturopathic and integrative medicine.
A Business degree with experience in the medical industry is required. However, extensive, demonstrable experience may be considered in lieu of a degree in business. As a personal assistant (PA) to the CEO, you will work closely with senior managerial or marketing professionals to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. Candidate must have extensive computer skills, internet marketing and social media skills and experience in online retail is a major plus. As PA to the CEO you will help with organization, writing, scheduling, new product development, and customer service.
As the PA, you will gain extensive knowledge of this organization and the medical professionals, customers, and public audiences we serve. Our aims and objectives in education and promoting optimal health are foremost in every project we engage in. The CEO will often rely heavily on the PA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes for a successful PA.
As a PA, you will often act as the manager’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization. Tasks are likely to include:
- arranging travel, accommodation, conference participation and, occasionally, travelling with the CEO to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and postal mail, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO and/or office manager;
- carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings;
- interfacing with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- occasional public speaking.
In addition to supporting the CEO and other staff members, you may also have your own projects and responsibilities. The scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- carrying out specific data projects and research;
- taking on some of the CEO’s responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- assisting/contributing to the CEO’s preparation in decision-making processes.
This position may start as a part-time offering with full-time potential. The salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
You will generally work from 9am to 5pm, depending on the CEO’s schedule. It may be necessary to work overtime in preparation for conferences and when deadlines are close. Part-time work, flexible hours and health insurance may be considered. Applicant must reside or intend to reside in Sedona, AZ or immediate area.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references (3 professional, 2 personal), and any applicable social media links with current photos and info to email@example.com. No phone calls please.