Thumbnail Filmstrip of Colostrum LD™ Powder Intro/Travel Pak, Natural Vanilla Flavor :: 50g, ~5-10 Day Supply Images
Colostrum LD™ Powder Intro/Travel Pak, Natural Vanilla Flavor :: 50g, ~5-10 Day Supply
Convenient introductory/travel size for free! First time customers only, just pay $6.95 shipping! Limit one per customer, coupon required.
Colostrum-LD® can help:
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Supports intestinal health
- Potent liposomal delivery for optimal absorption
- Promotes healthy aging support
Colostrum-LD® supports a balanced healthy immune system and the healthy integrity of the stomach and intestinal lining. Colostrum is the first food of life and is collected from the first milking of Grade A dairy cows that are not supplemented with rBST, BSE and are antibiotic free.
Colostrum-LD is coated with bio-identical liposomal lipids extracted from milk and sunflower oils to help protect the colostrum from the digestion process for enhanced optimal absorption. Bovine colostrum is full of naturally occurring immunoglobulins, growth factors, Lactoferrin and amino acids to help boost a healthy immune function. Bovine (cow) colostrum is an ideal supplement because it is plentiful and biologically transferrable to humans.
What is Bovine Colostrum?
- Nature’s Powerful Superfood Is a rich source of immunoglobulins, antibodies, good bacteria strains, growth factors, and other immune bioactives, plus protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, and minerals
- Develops the newborn calf’s intestinal tract by closing natural holes in the gut's thin lining (intestinal permeability or "leaky gut"), bovine colostrum health benefits are bio transferrable to humans, stimulates the immune system by restoring the new healthy gut, and promotes growth and development; similar benefits can be realized by adult mammals who take colostrum
- The first mammary secretion from the female bovine (cow) that provides her calf with its first nutrition
Colostrum is the yellowish substance secreted by female mammals (including humans) immediately after the birth of their newborns. It is sometimes called “pre-milk,” but this nutritious substance is considered separate from true breast milk. All mammalian mothers produce colostrum, so its commonly is referred to as “life's first food.” New mothers secrete colostrum for approximately 72 hours after giving birth, after which the colostrum production tapers off and regular milk production increases.
Bovine (cow) colostrum is not the same as cow’s milk. Colostrum is produced for approximately 72 hours, but the colostrum used in supplements is traditionally taken from the first milking only, after the calf has drunk its fill. It is considered a dietary supplement because of its many health benefits to humans which include, immune support, gut health, joint and muscle support, skin, hair, and nail benefits (plus more). Because dairy cows produce an excess of 8 liters of colostrum, which the calves will not use, the extra can be used for supplements. Bovine colostrum is biologically transferrable to other mammals, including humans. Due to limited shelf life, fresh bovine colostrum is processed into powdered form so that it can be reconstituted with water when ready to use.
Biggest Challenge with Bovine Colostrum Supplements
- Pasteurization & drying methods affect survivability of bioactive components
- Processing methods affect bioavailability and efficacy
- Expectation vs. Reality
Depending on how bovine colostrum is processed (i.e., made into supplements), its bioactive components can be rendered inactivated or compromised by high heat or prolonged heat exposure. The natural liposome surrounding the colostrum molecules is fractured during all types of processing, thus, reducing efficacy. So, for a bovine colostrum supplement to be efficacious, the liposomes must be replaced with sunflower lecithin. This application restores the liposomes and provides enhanced liposomal delivery. Liposomal Delivery (or LD), helps colostrum's bioactive components transit through the digestive tract and are poised to have better absorption into the bloodstream.
Why is Colostrum-LD® Better than Other Supplements?
- Begins with a prime North American bovine colostrum source from vetted, high-quality dairies
- Superior absorbability/bioavailability with proprietary liposomal delivery (LD)
- 25+ years of experience and leadership behind the development of bovine colostrum as a dietary supplement for human use
Colostrum-LD® begins its journey as an ethically sourced raw, fresh colostrum from North American Grade A dairy cows that are not supplemented with synthetic growth hormone (rBST) and not routinely given antibiotics. It is processed in a USDA-licensed facility according to gold standard methods which include flash pasteurization and low heat drying. Proprietary Liposomal Delivery™ (LD) restores the natural liposomal coating and maximizes the bioavailability of colostrum’s components so they can be readily distributed throughout the body. Sovereign Laboratories boasts nearly three decades of experience in the bovine colostrum supplement industry.
How Bovine Colostrum Will Change Your Life
Supplementing your daily diet with liposomal bovine colostrum can have a positive effect on your overall well-being. As a foundational supplement, upon which other supplements may be added, bovine colostrum has a high safety and efficacy profile for its ability to regulate multiple targets within the body. Colostrum-LD® offers a potent form (high IgG content) to achieve the wellness benefits your body requires most.
Most Americans, as well as those people living in developed nations, suffer from leaky gut yet they’re probably completely unaware of it. The delicate G.I. lining is comprised of tight junctions between the cells. When these become less tight due to a multitude of factors, the gut is said to be “leaky” or have microscopic holes. This allows some substances from the G.I. tract to leak into the bloodstream which causes the immune system to attack them voraciously. This may seem like a good thing, but is, in fact, not helpful to immune health in the long run. So, by restoring the tight junctions, the result is improved energy, better digestion, and a healthier immune system, among the many other great health benefits.
For people who want to achieve the best possible results with Colostrum-LD®, it is important to incorporate it daily, along with healthy lifestyle behaviors. Colostrum-LD® has been shown to be safe for all ages; however, if you have milk allergies, please consult with your doctor to see if colostrum is right for you. Your physician can also explore how Colostrum-LD® can help achieve various health goals.
- Minimum 25% IgG
- Minimum 1.5% lactoferrin; 1.5% growth factors; and 3.5-5% colostrum peptides (PRPs).
- GMO-free, rBST-free, antibiotic-free
Powerful Natural Bioactives
- Immune health – immunoglobulins, antibodies, lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, lysozyme, proline-rich polypeptides
- Growth, Repair & Development – growth factors, such as IGF-1, EGF, TGF
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Supports intestinal health
- Promotes tight junction integrity (repairs “leaky gut,” or intestinal permeability)
- Promotes skin, hair, and nail health
- Provides anti-aging support
Increased Bioavailability with Proprietary Liposomal Delivery™ (LD)
- Biological activity retained at the cellular level for optimal effectiveness
- Greater benefit obtained with smaller liposomes
Not All Bovine Colostrum Supplements Are Created Equal
One of the biggest problems when it comes to the various bovine colostrum supplements on the market today is IgG (immunoglobulin G) consistency and lack of liposomal delivery (to get the bioactives through the stomach an into the small intestine). IgG is an antibody that helps control sub-optimal functioning in body tissues; IgG content is one significant measure of colostrum’s effectiveness. IgG content can be manipulated by manufacturers to create a range of lower to higher priced colostrum supplements. An effective colostrum supplement contains a minimum of 25% IgG. Additionally, gold standard processing methods are key to an efficacious, bioavailable, human-grade colostrum supplement. Lastly, without liposomal delivery (restoring the natural liposomes), a colostrum supplement won’t have much health value beyond powdered milk. Sovereign Laboratories’ 25+ years track record in the colostrum industry makes us your trusted source.
Disclaimer: sovereignlaboratories.com is an independent distributor for Sovereign Laboratories. The statements contained in this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements contained herein are for informational purposes only, and are not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. Those with health problems, or who are pregnant or nursing, are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking these or any nutritional supplements.