Choosing a Colostrum Supplement
When it comes to choosing a colostrum supplement, we know that you have a lot of options to consider. Not only do you want to find the best flavor and ingestion method for you, but you also have to consider the delivery technology used in each supplement to ensure that the product you get meets the quality expectations that you have.
Here at Sovereign Labs, we’ve spent years developing what we believe to be the best colostrum supplements on the market. And we want to help you find the right supplement for your needs.
As you read this article, you’ll learn about some of the benefits of colostrum and get a sense of what to look for in a colostrum supplement. You’ll learn all of this and more in the following sections:
- What to look for in a colostrum supplement
- Why experts suggest bovine colostrum
- What makes Sovereign Laboratory colostrum the best?
What to Look For in a Colostrum Supplement
Just about everyone who has used bovine colostrum supplements has their own ideas of what you should look for in a colostrum supplement. Here are the five things that we believe are the most important factors to consider when choosing one for yourself:
- High-quality processing: Like any dairy product, you want your colostrum supplement to be processed to the point where it is safe, but not so processed that it loses its efficacy. If you’re particularly concerned with the processing methods used by a company you’re considering, do your research to see what they do. Ideally, the colostrum will be processed at a low temperature, and ideally flash pasteurized and freeze dried in order to maintain its shelf life.
- Sourced ethically: As you likely know, bovine colostrum is the first milk produced by a mother cow shortly after giving birth. It’s crucial for the calves that they get their fair share of nutritionally rich colostrum in order to grow up healthy and strong. Fortunately, cows produce far more colostrum than their calves need to drink, which is why we can use the excess to make supplements for human consumption. That said, you should always make sure that whatever producer you are getting your bovine colostrum from gives the first supply of colostrum to the calves.
- Pasture fed: It’s often said that happy cows make the best milk, and that’s true of colostrum as well. Pasture-fed cows are likely to be less stressed and happier than lot-fed cows, which results in a better, healthier product for you. But beyond the results that you get in your supplement, we should always be looking for ways to get products from farms that treat their animals with care and respect.
- Safety tested: To prevent any risk of contamination in the products, you should only purchase colostrum supplements that you know have been tested for purity and safety. This way you’ll know that your supplements are free of pesticides, heavy metals, bacteria, or any other contaminant.
- Liposomal delivery method: There is a lot of discussion surrounding the delivery method of colostrum supplements. Evidence has pointed to liposomal delivery as the most effective method. Liposomal delivery uses liposomes in order to deliver the nutrients to the intestine, which is the same method used by your cells to retrieve nutritional materials from the stomach. Because your body naturally recognizes liposomes, liposomal delivery increases intake speed and reduces the likelihood that the supplement will be rendered ineffective by harsh stomach acid.
Why Experts Suggest Colostrum
There are several reasons why experts recommend colostrum supplements for all kinds of people. Here are some of the most common reasons that they suggest giving colostrum supplements a try:
- Immune health support: According to experts, there is strong agreement that colostrum is worthy of suggestion thanks to its potential to provide immune health support. The reason it is so highly recommended is because colostrum contains a bevy of nutrients and vitamins that are difficult to find in other places. In particular, it has been shown that colostrum contains a high amount of lactoferrin. According to Caleb Backe, the Health and Wellness Expert at Maple Holistics, “Lactoferrin, the protein found in colostrum, helps to [promote a healthy immune system].”
- Gut health support: Colostrum contains a high density of bio actives, which are healthy bacteria that live in our gut. These bacteria have a symbiotic relationship with us, helping to regulate digestion in exchange for easy access to a food source.
- Skin health support: Some experts have taken their exploration of colostrum’s benefits beyond the gut and the immune system and turned their attention toward our largest organ, the skin. Colostrum can be applied topically through serums to maximize its skin health potential, but even in supplement form it carries nutrients that directly stimulate the skin’s healing mechanisms. Experts such as Allison Tray of Tres Belle Spa have noted that it’s particularly effective for helping people who have excessively dry skin.
For more information on why experts suggest bovine colostrum supplements, head to our blog page titled Why Do Experts Recommend Bovine Colostrum?
What Makes Sovereign Laboratories’ Colostrum the Best?
At Sovereign Laboratories, we meet all the requirements needed to provide high-quality bovine colostrum. Our products are ethically sourced from pasture-fed cows, flash pasteurized to maintain the integrity of the colostrum, and laboratory tested for purity and safety.
In addition to all these rigorous standards, we utilize unique liposomal delivery to maximize the potential for absorption and effectiveness. We’ve also been working in this space for more than 25 years, giving us the experience we need to routinely provide you with the highest quality product possible.
Explore our exceptionally high quality colostrum products today to see which of our many products are the right fit for you!